Dr. Kalam Skill Development Centre (DKSDC), Jalgaon is promoted by Khandesh College Education Society’s (KCE Society); Whose roots go back to 1944 when eminent personalities of the region wanted to establish an educational facility right in Jalgaon district. The objective behind this initiative, was to provide facility of higher education to the aspiring youth, for whom the only option was to go to the cities like Mumbai, Pune, Vadodara, Vardha or Nagpur. Owing to this, Moolji Jaitha College was established in 1945 in Jalgaon. Within a short span, the college became one of the eminent institution in field of higher education and soon the Society decided to expand its activities in other streams, as well. The establishment and running of various institutions of Khandesh College Education Society was only possible with zealous and ardent efforts of Late Dr. G.D. Bendale, an eminent surgeon of this region. It was his fervor and commitment that has made KCES, what it is today. Khandesh College Education Society has a large campus housing colleges and institutions, offering training in Arts, Science, Commerce, Engineering, Management, Law, Education, Physical Education, Geo-Informatics etc.
Inspired by the VISION 2020 of Late. President of India and the Missile Man, Dr. A.P.J.Abdul Kalam, our Khandesh College Education Society, Jalgaon, Maharashtra has established a unique Skill Development Initiative (SDI) in the year 2016 to effectively cater with the ever rising demand of the skilled human resources in the priority skill sectors at local, regional and global levels.
DKSDC understands that aspiration levels of the youth and the marketplace requirements of corporate skills are constantly evolving, and to keep up with these changes DK-SDC constantly works towards developing industry sandwiched training modules and curriculum in priority skill sectors ensuring that the content is market oriented and the skills imparted are financially remunerative.
Wage based or self-employment linked sustainable & incremental livelihoods, of choice, for every youth in North Maharashtra and surrounding geographies.
To build world class skilling eco-system, which will roll out thousands of skilled professionals & Entrepreneurs, who would carry the torch of India’s economic growth and transform India in to a Global Skills Hub.
“Fairness” To be fair and decent.
“Innovation” To be active and innovative.
“Harmony” To respect each other and cooperate.
DKSDC Management Philosophy
In accordance with the spirits grounded in the organization Creed of “Fairness, Innovation, and Harmony”, DKSDC is proudly committed to contribution for the social and economic development through quality skilling by conducting fair and upright world class educational activities.
As a reputed organization in skill development arena, DKSDC will actively pursue its activities through the exercise of fair and legal framework. As an organization, DKSDC will also continue to play its part in the societal growth, while always striving to enrich the society within which it operates. In order to achieve all the elements of the aforementioned goal, DKSDC is committed to the following six basic principles of operations.
1. Conduct Fair and Open Education Activities
- Obey the law and be guided by fairness in all aspects of training value chain.
- Maintain sound relationships with government officials, affiliation bodies and any such organization, which it interacts with.
- Resolutely oppose and avoid any illegal or improper organizational relationships and practices.
2. Develop a Well Connected Organization
- Respect cultural diversity of India and seek to enhance regional prosperity through DKSDC’s skilling activities.
- Contribute to regional economic goals by fostering associations with right organizations, with ethical management style.
3. Create New Value through Responsive Vision
- Be responsive to the dynamics of skilling eco-system, but also take the initiative of bringing new ideas in the ecosystem, which will ultimately benefit society.
- Discontinue outdated ideas and structures; Explore new possibilities.
4. Respect and Encourage Individuality and Originality
- Respect the individuality of each person and maintain work environment in which originality can flourish.
- Create an environment for individuals to set goals that require self-administration or independent, creative action.
5. Promote Good Governance
- Maintain a high level of management transparency or openness for information- sharing in organization relations with stakeholders and society.
- Respect proposals for enhanced management accountability from stakeholders and society
6. Safeguard Ecological and Cultural Diversity
- Recognize our responsibility as a reputed educational institute and engage in activities which are beneficial to that society
- Recognize our responsibility towards preservation of our earth and its resources for future generations.